Sunday, January 15, 2012

Before & After [Chairs]

"Goodwill Hunting"
Thats not a movie but more of an action that I like to do when I have spare time and cash. 
Going to the Goodwill or Salvation army can have many different outcomes.
 Sometimes I just simply feel disappointed because they over priced all their items,
 I didn't get there soon enough so all the good items are gone, 
or I find something really awesome and it turns in to a project for me :)

Thats what happened when I went hunting for chairs. I knew that computer chairs are hard to come by 
(at least ones that aren't broken) especially at any a thrift store. The cost of a normal computer chair is just insane though. Now way was I going to fork out that kind of money just so I could have something that swivels.

With all that in mind I went "Hunting" and I went to three different place trying to make sure that I was going to make the right choice. Of course the first place that I went to had exactly what I wanted. I went to the fabric store before going to buy the chairs. To just simply make sure that this wasn't going to be a crazy project.... and it wasn't. See for yourself :)

A little spray paint and fabric is what turned these very ugly chairs into some really stylish ones :) And before I forget... this project cost under $20.
Two chairs with my personal touch for under $20 bucks who can beat that?

Supplies Needed:
  • 1 1/2 yards of fabric (thick)
  • Staple Gun
  • Scratcher or sand paper
  • Chairs
  • Screw Driver
  • Spray Paint

Pick fabric, Cut frabic


Take staple gun and start stapling around, while pulling fabric taught


Scratch up/Sand the base and then spray paint

Volia, your done :)



No comments:

Post a Comment